Saturday, May 2, 2009

Not so Terrible


So I have really enjoyed this stage in Ryder's life. I can't say that the dreaded "Terrible Two's" have been a part of our lives. Ryder is such a sensitive, pleasant little boy, and it has been so fun to watch him grow and learn. He loves to color,paint,cook,read, and count...he is all the way to number 11. He has been talking quite a bit lately and I forget all of the little things he says, so I thought I should write down a few things so I can remember them a little better.
One of our new favorite sayings is when we ask Ryder if he likes something his comment is always "Sure Do, Mom", or tonight when I asked him if he was mixing some yummy dinner he also said "Sure Do". And whenever he answers a Yes or No question it is started off with an "Ohh YEP or Ohh Nope". Most people know that Ryder is not the best eater, he rarely tells me if he is hungry, so I am always holding him so he will sit still and eat. But the other day he came up to me and out of no where said "Mom, Ryder RALLY-RALLY-RALLY HONGRY!" With the dramatics he put into it you would have thought I was starving the kid. He gets a kick out of himself too. He has the funniest fake laugh, usually to something that everyone else is laughing at and then he says "Pretty funny".
I just think it is so fun to hear him come up with these sayings. We sure love this little guy and really feel like he is such a blessing in our lives. He is so excited to have a little sister, and he is constantly kissing my belly and telling me what a nice belly it is....I'm glad he appreciates it! Kyle and I can't get enough of him. I know we are so far away from family and friends and we wish mostly that you all could know him better, but at least this way you get a little taste, which is so yummy!

12 comments:

Autumn said...

He really is so cute Lins and you're such a good mommy for teaching him to count so early! What a smarty! I hope you and your cute belly are doing good. Can't wait to see your cute baby girl.

Denise said...

What a cute post! I wish I would have written down all the little things Carly used to say - so easy to forget. I wish you and your "nice belly" luck in the next couple weeks (or days?).

Mindi said...

Aw, so cute.

Megan Miley and Chris said...

Hey Linsey! Found your blog, hope you don't mind me peaking in. If you want an invite to mine send me your e mail address. My e mail is itsmemeganlee at yahoo. Those "sqito bites" look like no fun...

Jacklyn said...

I swear he is the cutest little guy, and I hear ya on the picky eating...Luke will never tell me he's hungry he will just suddenly yell for crackers

Jen & George Scott said...

So Darling, he is getting so big so fast. Any news yet??? I am dying to get some news from you!!! Keep me updated!!!

whitney said...

He is such a sweet little boy! I can't wait to see how he is with the new baby, I bet he is a great big brother!

Schows said...

So glad he's feeling better! He sounds like the funnest little guy! Don't you just want to eat them! I do. I want to start writing quotes down too. Sometimes I can't imagine loving number two as much the first one. Everyone say your heart just grows and you love them just as much. How much longer until your due?! I cannot wait to see pics of this little girl!!!

Caylee said...

Lins, he is so freaking cute! Can't wait to see new baby pics, hope your doing fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute funny kid!

Megan Miley and Chris said...

waiting for pictures and a birth story : )

Brittany said...

Ahh I have tears reading this...he really is the cutest little boy I know. I can't wait to hear his little voice and have him say "Hair" in his cute little voice. Can't wait to see pics of baby Elle!! LOve you and give Ryder kisses