Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Grandma and Grandpa Wood visit Australia!

Ok so I know it has been at least 4 months since I last blogged, but we have been busy and there were just sooo many pictures to go through....so of course I avoided the situation! We had my parents here for a whole month and we went and saw a lot of different things around Northern Queensland. We really loved having them and we wish we weren't so far away so it could happen a LOT more often..someday! So be prepared for mega picture overload!!!!

 

Grandma and Grandpa arrive in Townsville Queensland Australia, after a LONG LONG journey.
Posted by Picasa



Billabong Sanctuary and Magnetic Island. This island is just minutes away from where we live, but it feels like a whole different world there, so many beautiful beaches to see.


Elle's Blessing Day, what a little cutie she is!



Our trip up to Cairns...we LOVED it up there, we stayed at The Mango Lagoon Resort and enjoyed the beaches of Palm Cove, we took the train up and the skyrail down through the Rainforest, and we made it out to Green Island and got to snorkel around the most beautiful white sandy beaches and coral reef, part of the great barrier reef ( I can't seem to find the pictures of Green Island, just know it was fabulous).
P.S. sorry about the picture mom and dad....we just thought they were funny!


We dug lots of sandcastles


Hike up Castle Hill, overlooking our city.


Saunders Beach


We attempted to visit most of Townsville's 70 parks


All of the beautiful plant and wildlife....minus the Goanna that snuck up on mom in the rainforest and almost sent her into cardiac arrest!


We slept when and wherever we could......


We had lots of fun and lots of smiles......


Thanks for coming! We loved all of our excursions and for the time we spent together, we can't wait to do it again!!!

9 comments:

Tiff said...

Fun!! I bet it was sad to see them go. I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you are!!! The picture of your family on the blessing day, you look like a freakin' super-model!!! Glad you guys had fun!

Christi said...

How fun!!! I miss you guys- Gracie asked me if the pictures of Ryder were her! Elle is the cutest thing ever! I want to come visit you in Aussie land!

LindsayB said...

i can't believe that is your life!

Christy said...

Lins, you have the MOST beautiful family and you live in PARADISE ! what fun pics and i bet you had a blast with your parents. it's so fun to keep in touch with you !

ashley said...

is it weird that i am almost crying looking at these pictures. I sure miss you guys. lets not live far away from each other forever okay.

Mindi said...

Cute pics! I know your parents had so much fun!

Charity said...

I wish we where coming to visit!!! I love you guys and can't wait to meet elle!

mindy said...

Hi linsey, can me and matt come stay for a month cause it looks so fun. Your kids are darling.

Jen & George Scott said...

Yeah you updated your blog!!! K I love all of these pics. It really makes me jealous of how much fun you are having out there. Looks like you had a blast with your parents there!!!