Monday, November 30, 2009

Growing UP

 
Posted by Picasa


Six months has just FLOWN by. My baby is no longer the littlest one everywhere we go, and I am wondering where all that time went. People are constantly asking us how Elle is doing and we really have nothing but good things to say. Elle is such a happy, content baby. She lights up the room and gives the best smiles to whoever talks to her. From day 1 she has been a great sleeper and a great eater....what more could I ask for. Elle started sitting up at 4 months, army crawling at 5 months, and now at 6 months has mastered the crawl, today she even pulled herself up and was standing by the chair....we keep telling her to slow down but she is a go-getter. We love you little Elle!

Ryder doesn't talk very often on skype so I feel that I need to share some of the things he says, and I want to write it down before I forget.
The other day Ryder was laying down for a nap when Dad got home from work, so of course he had to get up to say hi, and next thing I know he is running in asking if he can go to the beach. I told him probably not until after his nap....well I saw the melt-down coming, Kyle quickly interjected and said he WAS going since it was his only day to do it....so I gave in. Ryder ran out of the room totally elated and next thing we hear is "Pheww that was a cwose one" Ryd had the brow wipe and all. What a funny kid, I don't even know where he would have picked that up.

Today we had a few good liners....while grocery shopping he was talking about how he was a boy and then in his not so quiet voice he says "ELLE not have a Willy!?" (I know we are lame and don't use proper names for our parts, but who cares!)
Later on in the day he lifts up his arms and says "Mom, I not have any hair" I turned to see that he was pointing at his armpits, then to end the evening off he shook my stomach and said "Mom your stomach is a little bit jiggly" (Thanks, like I didn't know that already).

I was not having the best day today, feeling overwhelmed by all I needed to get done and my kids not co-operating with me. But when I think about it I probably won't remember how my house was messy and my laundry wasn't done, but I will want to remember all the fun things I do with my kids. Sometimes it is so easy to get frustrated with them, but I would take all the crumbled up bread on the carpet and sloppy joes under the table, toys spread out everywhere,kids constantly asking to play games, and have snacks and crying babies who just want their mom to snuggle her ANYDAY!

6 comments:

Christy and Jason said...

Lins, I miss you guys so much! So great to hear about your sweet kids and at least get to know them from your posts!

lynz said...

crawling at 6 months eh! wowsers elle - go getter is right! your kids are so darling and i love the darndest things that kids say :) so cute!

Crystal said...

The end of your post made me think of this poem. A friend emailed it to me recently:

Cooking and cleaning can wait until tomorrow
For babies grow up we learn to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep

I'm quickly learning to lower my standards of cleaning. Alexis is so spoiled. She's just so cute, John and I can't bear to put her down - she takes half of her naps in our arms.

Jen & George Scott said...

Linz your so cute. I know exactly what your talking about. It is amazing how fast it flies by and how if we are not careful we miss it all. I am glad you are doing well, and that you updated your blog!!!

Caylee said...

I can't believe your tiny babe is that old already! Time is flying by, and HOLY does Ryder ever look like you! Bring those sweet babes to me anytime for a shoot. If we end up in Aus I will come find you!

Tara said...

Man--Blake really needs to catch up! He's now almost 8 months and NO SIGN of crawling in the near future. Elle is adorable. And Ryder is a little character.